30 minute appointments with our specially trained GPs – male and female doctors are available:
- History taking and an assessment of your personal risk for skin cancer
- A full clinical skin check PLUS a Skinscope check to be performed by our specially trained doctors, with all images kept on file for future comparison
- Education about prevention of skin cancer and how to perform self checks to detect any developing skin cancer
- Appropriate individual skin management
Preparing for your Skin Check Appointment
- Are there any moles that have changed in appearance? Please advise reception when booking your appointment
- Wear easy to slip off shoes, tops and bottoms. Underwear is kept on during the examination, and a modesty blanket is supplied
- Ladies, please remove all makeup and nail polish
Am I at Risk of Developing Skin Cancer?
- Family history or personal history of skin cancer
- Fair skin sensitive to sunburn, freckles, light eye colour
- Aged 40 years and over
- High levels of UV exposure and sunburn during childhood
- Have worked or are still working outdoors
Remember, 95% of skin cancers can be successfully treated if detected early.